With the roof mostly done, we have started thinking about finishing the greenhouse wall.
The tire work, bond beam, and basic framing for this wall is already done. So at the beginning of the week we started to size and order the 1″ insulated, double pane glass units. We identified two companies in Kamloops that supply … Read More →
We were ready to hop in my father’s truck this morning for Surrey to pick up all the materials we need to complete the roof. We found a supplier who had everything we needed, in stock. Turns out he didn’t have everything in stock. The 4×8 sheets of insulation will be in later this week … Read More →
We have had a busy couple of weeks!
Our internet connection has been up and down over the last week … so I have been unable to post and have been slow responding to messages. My apologies! We have had storms and heavy winds, which always seem to affect our internet provider.
Over the may 24th long … Read More →
Over the last week we have been putting the first of the beams into place. These beams extend from the shortened interior tire walls and catch the last rafter sets running east/west.
As you can see from the picture the beams do not have posts coming down inside of the building, rather … Read More →
We have been working on the sill plates and blocking for the roof rafters over the last week. We are using 3×8 dressed lumber for our sill plates (2-1/2″ x 7-3/8″ dressed), and attached them to the concrete bond beam using timber washers and nuts. Normally you would use 2×8 or 2×6 but we recovered … Read More →
This evening Chris and I dusted off the planer and ran a lift of rough 3×8 through it. This was lumber accumulated over the years from reject runs, over-runs and wrong sizes. We graded it into two piles. The good and the bad/ugly. To be fair, the bad/ugly pile will generate lumber less than 8′ … Read More →